Friday 12 September 2014

5 Things I Would Never Get Tired Of Doing

I do not know if I ever mentioned it on here but in my list, there are only 5 things I would never get tired of doing (taking sleeping & eating aside lol):

WATCHING FILMS/TV SERIES: I love me a good action thriller or a psychological one. Although I love psych thrillers, I dislike ones that portray people with mental health issues in a very negative light. It is the advocate in me, I know! Media often does that, that is why when I see one, I try to stray away from watching it although truth be told, there is something great about getting the goosebumps even from a crappy suspense film. I also love love love RomComs especially if Drew Barrymore or Rachel McAdams are in it. Maybe a little bit of Zac Efron and Dave Franco too.
Regarding TV series, my top one is Breaking Bad and next to that is Orange is the New Black. If you have not seen those two, there is a ninety percent chance you are missing half of your life. Haha! Kidding aside, those two shows are incredible. However, since BrBa is over and OITNB Season 3 is not til next year, right now, I am into Once Upon A Time because of my fave OTP at the moment who are real life couple, Ginnifer Goodwin and Josh Dallas. Aaaaah #thefeels! Pretty Little Liars is also a guilty pleasure of mine. Oh, I should not forget, The Walking Dead! I love me some Norman Reedus and Steven Yeung!

RIDING PLANES: I know a number of people who very much dislike plane rides. Ironically, I do experience panic attacks (rarely now) in enclosed crowded areas yet I love plane rides. It is bizaare but I actually like being inside an airplane and the thought of flying makes me child-like giddy. More than that, I love flying because if I get on a plane, I know I am going to be transported somewhere. I make it a point to go out of the country one or two times a year. Last January of this year, I have been to NYC, NJ, Pennsylvania and Orlando, Florida. I am guessing I already went over my quota of once or twice a year but just this afternoon, my aunt and I planned to book some tix for Los Cabos in Mexico this Christmas. A lot more thinking will be put into that by the rest of the family but I am already so pumped as early as now. I cannot stress how much I love traveling! In my opinion, it is the next best thing to sleeping and eating. Haha!

SHOPPING: Clothes, shoes, makeup, home decor and appliances, even groceries; name it, I enjoy it. This one can be a little more on the superficial side for some people. However, being a style enthusiast, I would never get tired of buying and styling clothes. For me, it is a great avenue for self-expression. I remember I once dreamt of being a designer when I was little and my mom used to tell me how good my gown sketches were at age 10. I still want to pursue it somehow. For that reason, one of these days I am purchasing a sewing machine and maybe enrolling myself in a short dressmaking course. Who knows!

READING BOOKS: My book taste is quite eclectic; hence, I can never answer the question "what's your book genre?". I just enjoy a good novel no matter what kind as long as it is captivating and well-written. At the moment, I am reading Delirium by Lauren Oliver. I am on chapter V and I am already liking it. It is quite like the Divergent book, at least up to the point I have read. I have yet to give a full review on it once I finish it!










Last but totally not the least...

LEARNING: Whether that is by going to school, exploring the world through traveling, simply having an insightful conversation with someone, or just reading a book or watching a film, learning about various things from various people is probably my favorite thing I would never get tired of. I do not ever mind going to class if it means I will be educating myself on something that interests me like human behavior or mental health or designing or strategic communications and all other personally enjoyable things. Education is also one of the major reasons I am in love with visiting different countries, I am very eager to know about other cultures, architectures, language, food, fashion, etc.



To you, lovely reader, do you also have a list of things you enjoy and will never get tired of? Care to share?

It is 2:41 a.m. on my desktop clock as I type this and so time to hit the hay! I hope you are having an amazing day if the sun is still up where you are. If you are about to sleep like me, I hope you have a good and restful one.

'Til the next,
Macy

No comments:

Post a Comment