Thursday 17 July 2014

We Made It to the Top (Again)

Yes, you are right! We did two mountains in less than a week - Grouse Grind and now, Stawamus Chief Mountain in Squamish. How's that for someone who barely exercises and whose last workout was pilates at home over a year ago? It was tough but it was extremely worth it! Here's how last Tuesday went!

This stolen photo sums up my excitement to take on the Chief.
Gotta stretch, people! L-R: Rikki, Thomas, I

Then we reached the fake peak! Mehehe
Hikers taking a break on the fake peak! And Tom thinking I was an ice cream of some sort. Lol


We did have photos going up but they weren't attractive 
so let me spare your vision from hideous climbing and out-of-breath photos! Lol

After  1 hour and 20 minutes, we made it to the top! The view was exquisite! A must-see!!!
"But first, let me take a selfie" moment

YES! WE MADE IT!

The happiness was real.


Aeeeyoooo! Who's bunch is awesome?
THIS BUNCH! L-R: Andrew, Thomas, Macy, Rikki

I was obviously in bliss! If you still did not get my drift at that moment.

Those shoes were totally not made for hiking but whatever, I made it work!
I slid a couple of times but I survived so all is well!

Hello, world! I am on top of you! :) I am pretty sure Rikki was happy too. She just had to seriously contemplate on the beauty of Chief's view.

Hello, co-hikers! 
We had to take a #groupie before going back down, 'ya know.



I don't know about you guys but my first week of summer will be unforgettable! The past week of hiking two mountains in a row will be the start of getting back to fitness! Not just working out, but being active in different aspects of life; going out more, exploring British Columbia, spending time with great company instead of being a couch potato with my boyfriend AKA Netflix, and staying true to the saying "the best things in life are free". 

To whoever is reading this, I hope my first two posts inspired you to just get out there and enjoy the sun! Frolic under the heat of summer while it lasts, wonderful people!

'Til the next,
Mace


No comments:

Post a Comment