Thursday 27 August 2015

WHISTLER BUNGEE JUMPING 2015

Good day, folks!


I just got back from my three-day Whistler trip and leaving the humble abode in an hour to go camping in Chilliwack; hence, I am squeezing in a quick editing marathon of my bungee jump experience in Whistler and a brief account of how feelings of panic and anxiety went down. Haha! Kidding aside, those body sensations actually did happen before the said jump of my life. Although that was the case, I can say, with my chin up and brow raised, that I am now an official badass and ready to take on probably the most nerve-wrenching jump, skydiving.

This experience was not planned at all because me and my friend, Joana, were thinking of going to Whistler some time in October to finally do it. Even before this planning, me and my friend, Thomas, thought of it a year ago when we did our hike in Squamish but I never pushed through with it because of our disagreeing schedules. He's always talked about how awesome his experience the first and second time around. Hence, one can only imagine the excitement and eagerness I have felt since then. 

My family and I were just hiking Brandywine Falls Provincial Park all the way up to Cheakamus Bungee Bridge, completely unaware of the fact that it was the bridge where the team Whistler Bungee was set up. My uncle, having a knack for extreme once-in-a-lifetime activities, had gone skydiving before and so was very eager to try out bungee jumping. I was down and so was my sister. I immediately ceased all apprehensions and just channeled my inner daredevil, booked it and shook off all my "I can't do it" alibis. 

...And so let me present to you my full bungee jump experience through this video: Whistler Bungee Jumping 2015




All harnessed and ready!


Trying my best to throw a smile at the photographer although my legs are shaking tremendously!




GoPro all taped up on my hand! I recommend doing this rather than using a stick or a helmet mount.

Two things... First, can we just take a moment to appreciate technology that let's us document extraordinary experiences like this? How amazing is that footage all brought to us by the incredible GoPro device (not sponsored at all, how I wish though)? Another thing is the after-jump feeling. Let me tell you how grateful I am to have had this opportunity to do something unbelievable and unleash my thrill-seeking side. I realized that there really is nothing that we cannot do in this world. No matter how scared we are to do something or how doubtful we get about our capabilities to accomplish something, if we commit ourselves to the thirst for living and enjoying every bit of it, we can do it. So to anyone out there who has always craved to experience something crazy and exhilarating and is willing to pay a good 130 bucks, I say go drive up to Whistler, be a kickass and do it! Every penny was definitely worth it! Not to mention, the successful jumper gets a free shirt and the Whistler Bungee has a great team to motivate you and keep your focus on just having the best time of your life. 

That's about it for now! Off to my next adventure aka our annual camping trip!


Hope y'all are having the best summer,

Mace

2 comments:

  1. We recognized which presently there is really absolutely nothing that people can't perform nowadays. Regardless of exactly how frightened we're to complete some thing or even exactly how uncertain all of us obtain regarding the abilities to complete some thing,
    My website

    ReplyDelete